Our Use of Personal Information
Effective Date: February 22, 2013
Itochu Plantech Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company," "we," "us" or “our”) believes that the protection of your names, addresses, and other information provided by you (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information"), is our social responsibility.
In using Personal Information, the Company seeks to protect Personal Information in the manner described below.
1.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses Personal Information you provided to us in order to respond to your requests and inquiries, to send various materials to you, to implement other purposes described on this website. We do not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your prior consent.
2.Disclosure to Third Parties
The Company does not provide the Personal Information to any third parties without your prior consent, except in the following cases:
- when required by the applicable laws and regulations.
- when it is necessary to protect human life, limb or property, and it is otherwise difficult to obtain your consent.
- when it is particularly necessary to improve public health or to promote the nurturing of children, and it is otherwise difficult to obtain your consent.
- when a national institution or local public organization, or a fiduciary thereof is obliged to cooperate with the execution of a statutory mission, and where there is a possibility of interfering with such execution by obtaining your consent.
3.Management of Personal Information
The Company takes appropriate measures to prevent leakage or outlow of the Personal Information.
4.Disclosure, etc. of the Personal Information
We respond to your request for disclosure, changes and the termination of use (all of which shall be a "Disclosure" as used herein of the Personal Infromation) as follows:
(1)Inquiry and response proccedures
If you would like to request us to make a Disclosure, etc. of your Personal Information, please send your request to the address described below by mail with a form of identification enclosed (ex. a copy of your driver's license, passport, or health insurance card, etc.) to enable the Company to confirm your identity. Our response to your request will be made in writing.
Shin-Aoyama Building 11F, 1-1, Minami-Aoyama 1-chome,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062 Japan
ITOCHU Plantech Inc.Corporate Planning Department,
(2)"Purpose of use" of Personal Information obtained by your request for Disclosure, etc.
The personal information obtained in connection with your request for Disclosre, is used solely within the scope necessary for such Disclosure. We keep any documentation supplied by you for one year from the date of our response to your request, and will dispose of such documents thereafter.
(3) Cases where the Company cannot disclose Personal Information
We are not permitted to respond to your request in the following cases:
- where the identity of the applicant cannot be confirmed. (including requests via telephone, email, and other means);
- where there is a possibility of endangering life, limb or property, or any rights on bnefits of the applicant or a third person.
- where such Disclosure will significantly affect the proper performance of operations of the Company;
- where such Disclosure will violate other laws.
- where such Disclosure apparently breaches public order and morals, and significantly runs counter to social justice.
5.Contacts for Complaints
[Contacts for complaints regarding our handling of Personal Information]
With respect to complaints or often comments about our handling of the Personal Information, please contact us by using one of the following measns:
by mail, send it to Corporate Planning Department, Itochu Plantech Inc. 2-3 Kita-Aoyama,1-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0061, JAPAN
We are unable to discuss directly if you visit us.